Exciting Opportunity for an experienced lead carpenter!
We are a market-leading building company specialising in residential renovations in Auckland. We offer steady, consistent work, well organised and managed jobs and a positive, supportive team environment and culture.
With an unprecedented number of projects in our pipeline, we are looking for an experienced Lead Carpenter to join our professional team in a long-term capacity.
The key responsibilities of the Lead Carpenter role are;
- To perform the necessary carpentry tasks and other site management operations.
- To set appropriate goals to ensure construction remains on schedule.
- To delegate and supervise appropriate tasks to other team members on site.
- To oversee any subcontractors on site for quality control and H&S purposes.
The KPIs for the role include;
- Projects constructed within budgeted time allowed and to a high standard.
- All variations to the scope of work are identified and communicated to Project Manager before being done.
- Weekly H&S site reviews are conducted and recorded.
- All required feedback and input (incl. timesheets) are submitted in a timely and accurate manner.
For the right candidate MyHome Renovations offers the following benefits;
- A steady stream of work – typical hours are Monday to Friday (7am to 4.30pm).
- Challenging and varied renovation projects in the central Auckland suburbs – our current projects are in Onehunga and One Tree Hill, with future projects in Parnell, Mt Albert and Mission Bay.
- A great hourly rate which is paid weekly (without fail) – either in waged employment or as a labour-only contractor. You choose.
- Potential bonus payments on each job up for grabs!
- An awesome, supportive group of guys to spend your day working alongside.
- Well managed and scoped projects – we have both Project and Construction Managers in the team to support our builders and to ensure things run smoothly.
- Regular team meetings, uniforms and social activities.
- Professional development and great opportunities to advance your building career. No renovation project is the same so the challenges are varied!
Requirements for the role;
- A qualification in carpentry and a current LBP licence.
- 8+ years building experience (incl. apprenticeship) with recent work history in residential building and specifically some experience in renovations.
- A sound understanding of the building code and able to read and follow plans (goes without saying really…)
- Reliable transport with a full driver’s licence.
- A full set of well-maintained tools.
In addition, the right candidate needs to have the following qualities;
- Be hard working and self-motivated with a good positive attitude.
- Be a good, clear and effective communicator.
- Be flexible and adaptable – someone who is a life-long learner and constantly open to change.
- Be honest, friendly and approachable – we want our customers to be comfortable having you in their homes.
- Be able to run a clean, efficient site with the ability to delegate tasks to others effectively and provide direction when needed.
- Be a team player who is willing to take a leadership role and provide guidance to younger, less experienced team members.
- Be tech savvy – we use online project management software and other apps so you need to be confident using technology.
- Be someone who takes pride in and ownership of the quality of their finished product – ‘good enough’ is not good enough for us.
- Be prepared to make a long-term commitment to us - if you are just looking for fill-in work or waiting for the next ‘opportunity’ to come along, then please don’t waste our time.
If you are interested in joining our very successful team of builders, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your specific renovation experience and why you think you are the best candidate together with your CV.