Progress your career - qualified carpenters needed!
We are a market-leading building company specialising in residential renovations in Auckland. We offer steady, consistent work, well organised and managed jobs and a positive, supportive team environment and culture.
With an unprecedented number of projects in our pipeline, we are looking for qualified carpenters to join our professional team in a long-term capacity.
The key responsibilities of the role are;
- To perform assigned carpentry tasks to a high standard.
- To assist the Lead Carpenter with the supervision of other team members and any subcontractors on site for quality control and H&S purposes.
- To understand and follow the Health & Safety policies and procedures to ensure a clean H&S record.
- To submit timely and accurate timesheets and any other information required from time to time.
For the right candidate MyHome Renovations offers the following benefits;
- A steady stream of work – typical hours are Monday to Friday (7am to 4.30pm).
- Challenging and varied renovation projects in the central Auckland suburbs – our current projects are in Onehunga and One Tree Hill, with future projects in Parnell, Mt Albert and Mission Bay.
- A great hourly rate which is paid weekly (without fail) – either in waged employment or as a labour-only contractor. You choose.
- Potential bonus payments on each job up for grabs!
- An awesome, supportive group of guys to spend your day working alongside.
- Well managed and scoped projects – we have both Project and Construction Managers in the team to support our builders and to ensure things run smoothly.
- Regular team meetings, uniforms and social activities.
- Professional development and great opportunities to advance your building career. No renovation project is the same so the challenges are varied!
Requirements for the role;
- A qualification in carpentry
- 5+ years building experience (incl. apprenticeship) with recent work history in residential building and specifically some experience in renovations.
- Reliable transport with a full driver’s licence.
- A full set of well-maintained tools.
In addition, the right candidate needs to have the following qualities;
- Be hard working and self-motivated with a good positive attitude.
- Be a good, clear and effective communicator.
- Be honest, friendly and approachable – we want our customers to be comfortable having you in their homes.
- Be tech savvy – we use online project management software and other apps so you need to be confident using technology.
- Be someone who takes pride in and ownership of the quality of their finished product – ‘good enough’ is not good enough for us.
- Be able to work unsupervised and provide direction to others when needed.
- Be prepared to make a long-term commitment to us - if you are just looking for fill-in work or waiting for the next ‘opportunity’ to come along, then please don’t waste our time.
If you are interested in joining our very successful team of builders, please send an email to email@example.com outlining your specific renovation experience and why you think you are the best candidate together with your CV.