Often you need to provide the Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) to your bank to confirm the renovation work has been completed and also to your home insurance company when you apply for your home insurance. It will also generally be required to complete a house sale.

If you don’t apply for a CCC within 2 years from when your building consent was issued, the council then has the right to refuse to issue one. If the decision is made to refuse the CCC, then homeowners may reapply to have the decision reconsidered.

If more than 5 years has passed since your building consent was issued, then the council will have to visit your home to assess the durability of the materials used. Visit here for the B2 Durability application form.

Previous Post
Next Post